Scholarship Information and Application
Scholarships will be awarded from the Women Lawyers Association of San Luis Obispo County. The number of scholarships and the amount of funds per scholarship will be determined upon review of the applications received and funds available. Award recipients will be notified and invited to attend the annual judicial reception to be held in October of 2017.
You must be presently enrolled or accepted for enrollment in law school and demonstrate a connection to San Luis Obispo County. Your application must be postmarked or received by 5:00 p.m. on July 1, 2017.
The scholarship award can be used to assist with living expenses, tuition, books, bar exam courses or as otherwise needed to further your legal education.
1. Please complete and submit the application on this page.
2. Return the completed application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or postmarked by the date listed above to the following address:
Women Lawyers Association, Scholarship Chair
PO Box 14508
San Luis Obispo, CA 93406
3. You may include a resume and up to three letters of recommendation from non-relatives with your application. The resume and letters of recommendation may be mailed or emailed separately but must be postmarked by the due date to be considered.
* By submitting this application, you are certifying that all the information provided is true and correct.
* WLASLO reserves the right to change eligibility, selection criteria and award amounts without notice. Submitted applications will not be returned to the applicant.
WLASLO SCHOLARSHIP FUND
You can donate to the WLASLO Scholarship Fund directly from our website! 100% of all donations go directly to the scholarship recipients. DONATE NOW!
Past Recipients of the WLA Scholarship Awards
2016 Scholarship Recipients: Leesa Andrade, Kayla Clark, Alexi Jenkins, Olivia Molodanof and Jennifer Thompson
2015 Scholarship Recipients: Traci Kessler, Brooke Murphy, Ling-Ching (Lulu) Tseng and Jillian Ventura
2014 Scholarship Recipients: Ekaterina Barron, Tabatha Smith, Sadie Weller, Berit Elam and Melissa Newman
2013 Scholarship Recipients: Annakarina De La Torre-Fennell, Brooke Romero, Khouloud Elmasri and Janee Manirquez
2012 Scholarship Recipients: Brian O'Neill, Amy Belsher and Alexandra Andreen
2011 Scholarship Recipients: Erica Bashaw, Courtney Taylor and Daniel McElhinney
2010 Scholarship Recipients: Elizabeth Bingham, Sarah Joller, Noura Kawar and Sarah Pazdan
2008 Scholarship Recipients: Elizabeth Alquist, Shannon Bio, Bryanna Fissori and Kathy Lachowsky
2007 Scholarship Recipients: Benjamin Ebert, Lisa Mendez and Kara Stein-Conaway